Dear loyal blog readers,
Guess what? Once again my favourite Kurdish Instagram-er and cook (and a whole lot of other things- smart girl she is!) has dropped by on the blog with a special recipe for Swedish saffron buns- lusse katter . You've got to love Razaw Diako. Make sure you follow this beautiful Kurdish girl both on her personal blog, and Instagram account.
Without further-a-do let's begin.
Guest Blogger: Razaw Diako
50 g yeast
2 1/2 cup sugar + 1 tbs sugar for brushing
200 g butter
3 dl cream or milk
1 g saffron
1/2 cup raisins
1 egg + 1 egg for brushing
1. Place saffron in a bowl
2. Melt the butter over low heat, pour over the sugar, cream (or milk) and saffron. let it be 37 ° C (lukewarm)
3. Pour the liquid and the egg over the crumbled yeast, stir until it has dissolved
4. Add the flour a little at a time and work with the dough smoothly.
5. Let it rise under a cloth for an hour.
6. When the dough is in double size, shape into small balls, 15-20 pieces depends how small or big you're making them (no extra flour is needed)
7. Now shape each ball worm-like and bend both sides inwards.
8. Preheat the oven 225 C
9. Add the raisins (put the raisins on each roll)
10. Whisk egg and sugar , brush the buns on every side .
11. Bake it in the middle of the oven 8-10 min until you get a nice golden color
Thank you once again Razaw, I know what I am going to get up to in the kitchen this weekend.
Until next time
Lots of love from
My Nest in Kurdistan