Monday, June 11, 2012

Live from Hawler!! Before and After :)

To my favorite blog reader in the world!!
Looking over Erbil.
If you know me well (I am sure after five years of reading my blog you would) you would know there is nothing in the world that makes me as happy as discovering Kurdistan. So, my friend Narin arranged an entire day for us to spend together around the citadel in Erbil - (Yes, I envy myself for such friends!). Any way, so me, Narin and 5-year-old Nama (Narin's niece) had the time of our life. They say a picture tells a thousand words, so I have put two pictures of me below and I will make no further comments. But know the pictures were taken in the same exact spot.
Erbil / Hawler - Citadel. Photo was taken by SI - March 2010
Erbil / Hawler- Citadel. Photo taken by NB - June 2012
I sat in the exact same place, and it seemed like yesterday when I was sitting there trying to imagine how it would look when all was finished. There is still a lot to be done, maybe in 2014  I will sit in the same place again. ... I love it. If it wasn't for the warm sun I would sit there and write the entire 20 000 words for my dissertation.
Must see RI now and I have an appointment to go to- will write later tonight. By the way- if you do come to Erbil you MUST (and there is NO EXCUSE) sit in the same place and take a photo :) for the sake of your loyal blogger!